RSS is a format for syndicating content like news and media. Fireside’s RSS Feed feature will automatically publish your selected press releases, video, or audio files to anyone who subscribes to your website. A button on your webpage will allow visitors to click and subscribe in order to receive the RSS feature and you choose the content that will be published.
- Click on “RSS Feed” under Gear>Settings>RSS Feeds.
- Click or unclick the boxes under Document Types, Media Types, and Event Types to add or remove from your RSS Feed.
- Click the Save button when finished.
The main RSS feed for a site is generally at /News/Rss.aspx (http://MemberName.house.gov/News/Rss.aspx), but you can filter the feed like the following examples:
- Filter by issue ID (http://MemberName.house.gov/News/Rss.aspx?CatagoryID=6743).
- Filter by document type ID (http://MemberName.house.gov/News/Rss.aspx?DocumentTypeID=1714).
The IDs can generally be found through the links on the bottom of the /News page where it says "Search for Documents by Issue" or "... by Type." When you click on the links, the ID for that respective document type or issue will be at the end of the URL. These filtered RSS feeds can be publicized/linked throughout the website and can be added to widgets.