The dropdown menus on your homepage offer easy access to the important pages of your website, and fortunately they’re easy to change from within our platform. The same is true of any "Quick Links" or sidebar navigation items within your website.
To add, remove, or change links on your navigation menus:
(The names of individual elements might be slightly different for your office, but the same steps apply)
- Go to Web Site>Pages, and choose the Homepage folder.
- Find the “Navigation Bar” element, and click the blue text "Body Text" (as seen below) to edit.
Note: If you are looking to edit your Quick Links or other sidebar items on your homepage, you should find the Quick Links page in the Homepage folder or the Internal Sidebars folder, not the Navigation Bar.
- The items menu will appear as a simple bullet point list. These lists correspond directly to your dropdown menus, and any changes you make here will be reflected on the website, including all of the internal pages.
- Switch to the HTML view by clicking the HTML button at the bottom of the editor.
- Each line, beginning with <li> and ending with </li>, corresponds to an item on that list (these are HTML tags that denote bullet point “list items”). To add a new item to the list, simply copy one line, and paste it on the line below.
- Now, you’ll want to change the text and the destination URL.
- To edit the list here, replace the destination URL (which is between the quotes, after the href=), with the address of the page you want to link to. (If you are linking to a page on your website, the http://member.house.gov is not necessary, but if you leave it off, remember to include the first "/" at the beginning of the address). The text of the link is right before the </a> tag.
Make sure to save your changes!