Form letters are pre-written responses on a vast array of legislative topics or for working on casework. Each form letter is the starting point for responding to any mail record, as any letter or email that goes out of Fireside must have a form letter assigned. You can send out the form letter as it's written, or you can customize it so that it answers the constituent's each and every question. Forms can be shared by both DC and District staff handling legislative mail in the Mail Room platform and cases in the Casework platform, respectively, or they can be separated so that DC staff only have access to Mail Room form letters and caseworkers Casework forms.
Head to Mail Room>Form Letters (or Casework>Form Letters if working on forms for cases) to get started! There are some of the actions you can take while viewing the form library. Here are a few:
- Here's how you can create a new form letter from scratch!
- If you just want to edit a form letter, check out this tutorial.
- And here are a few tutorials that will assist you in creating or editing your forms:
- If you're having trouble editing the letter version a form letter while using Internet Explorer, you may need to change a few quick settings to enable that compatibility between IE and Microsoft Word. NOTE: If you're using any browser other than IE, you will be unable to take advantage of this compatibility feature, which exists only because IE and Microsoft Word are both owned by Microsoft.
- Need to know what merge codes you can use in drafting a form letter? These handy devices will allow you to pull information straight from Fireside fields without having to customize each individual letter by constituent (examples include: FirstName, LastName, FullName, Address, Salutation, and more).
- Read how to install a signature font on your computer so that you can view the Member's signature in Word and print it in letters! NOTE: Since you are downloading and installing this signature font to your computer, you will need your TSR/Systems Administrator's password to authorize the installation.