There are a couple of helpful tools in Batches that help you process mail in bulk.
To access these tools, first navigate to Mail Room > Batches, locate a Batch, and click on its name to view the contents of the Batch.
From the Actions dropdown in the header toolbar you will see the following options:
Modify - This button helps you make "mass updates" to letters in the Batch. You can make the following updates to multiple items. Just make your selections on this page and click the "Update Batch" button.
- Add/Edit issue tags.
- Add/Edit tagged legislation.
- Change the Form Letter that is assigned to each correspondence.
- Change the Email Template.
- Change the staffer assignment.
- Change the status of the correspondence (new, pending approval, approved, rework, closed).
- Move items to a different Batch.
- Change response type (letter to email or vice versa).
- Recover recently closed items (closed within the last 48 hours).
Remove Selected - Using the checkboxes in the first column, you can choose pieces of mail and click this button to remove them from the Batch. These mail items will remain open and can be accessed on the My Mail page of the staffer to whom each mail record is assigned.
Selected Print/Send - Similarly, you can use the checkboxes with this button to send out the selected emails and print the selected letters. See More below.
Batch Print/Send - Use this button to send out all of the Batched emails and print all of the Batched letters. See more below.
Close Selected - If you do not want to take any action on a letter, you can select it with the checkbox and click this button. Closed mail will automatically be removed from the Batch view.
More About The Print/Send Options
When you click on either the "Print/Send Selected" or "Print/Send Entire Batch" buttons, you will be taken to a confirmation screen with a summary of the Batch's mail. You will be notified about the duplicates in the batch in the bottom-left of this screen.
If duplicates are found, you are given the option of automatically processing the duplicates with the following conditions:
- The constituent has already received the assigned form letter. Fireside CRM will set the form to your selection below and close the correspondence (# of duplicate letters).
- The constituent has other pending correspondence (either in this Batch or elsewhere) with the same letter assignment but none that have been sent or closed. Fireside CRM will select one correspondence from this Batch to send and close the others after setting their form to your selection below (# of duplicate letters).
- If you choose not to process duplicates, the duplicate pieces of mail won't be processed, and they will remain in the Batch until further action is taken.
Once duplicates (if any) are processed, you can choose to either "Queue" or "Queue and Close" the letters in the Batch. If you select the checkbox to send emails, these messages will be immediately transmitted and closed (removed from the Batch). Letters, on the other hand, will be printed but not marked as closed unless you click the "Queue and Close" button.
Once a piece of mail has been closed, it is removed from the Batch. Any unprocessed mail will remain in the Batch.