Internet Explorer (IE) has a number of security defaults that can be relaxed when using the Fireside platform.
First, browse to your Fireside account login page.
- If you repeatedly get popups asking about the display of non-secure content, please complete the steps of part A below.
- If you are using our CRM platform and need to edit letters with our platform, please complete the steps of parts A and B.
A. Enable the Display of "Mixed Content"
1. Go to Tools and choose Internet Options from the dropdown menu.
2. Choose the Security tab.
3. With the "Internet" zone icon highlighted, click the "Custom level..." button at the bottom.
4. From the Security Settings box, enable the display of mixed content (approx. half way down the list).
5. Click "OK."
B. Enable ActiveX in your Trusted Sites Zone
1. From the same Internet Options box, remain in the Security tab.
2. Choose the "Trusted sites" icon and click the Sites button.
3. From the next pop-up, click the Add button and then Close the window.
4. Next, click on Custom level to enable the option for ActiveX controls (approx. 1/4 of the way down the page).
5. ***Last, make sure "enable protected mode" is unchecked.
6. Click "OK."