This gallery offers sample audiences and the steps used to create them, which you can refer to in creating your own with the audience editor.
To reach the audience editor, go to the People>Audiences, and then click the "New Audience" button from the header toolbar.
- Give the audience a name.
- You have the option to restrict your audience so it only gives you constituents within your district.
- The next part is divided into two sections: Include and Exclude People Matching the Following Rules. These two sections work the same way, just one includes constituents while the other excludes them.
- Within the Include/Exclude People Matching ___ the Following Rules headline, you'll notice a drop down with the options "Any Of" or "All Of". "Any Of" would be if you wanted people who fit any of the below rules you are about to create - they can follow one and not the other. "All Of" would be people who match every rule you are about to create.
- The first "Choose a User Field" dropdown is where you select a user field you'd like to include/exclude. These fields come from the People>Fields or questions created in a survey.
- The middle dropdown has a variety of possibilities.
- Is Equal To: Choose the responses of constituents you'd like included/excluded in your survey.
- Has a Value: Anyone who has a response to this field.
- Does Not Have a Value: Anyone who does not have a response to this field.
- The last dropdown on the right has all the possible answers for the field you selected. To select more than one response, hold down the Ctrl key while clicking more responses.
- To create more includes/excludes, select the blue [+] button to the right of your first rule. You can also delete additional rules by clicking the blue [-].
Here are a few sets of instructions for specific audiences you may be trying to create:
- Casework Criteria
- Composite (Nesting) Audiences
- Newsletter Statistics
- TeleTownHall Participation
- Survey Response
- Excluding Constituents in a Field
- Zip Codes
- Subscribers in a particular set of zip codes
- Press List
- Form Letters
- Multiple Form Letters
- Affiliation codes
If you are unable to create your audience based off of these instructions because you need to add filter groups to the rules, please give us a call at (202) 621-5121.