Bulk Mail is a fast way to set up a unsolicited mailing from your CRM platform. It's a great way to set up a series of 499 mailings. Here is what you'll need to begin:
Once both items are ready, you can begin creating your Bulk Mailing:
- Navigate to Mail Room>Bulk Mailings.
- Click 'New Bulk Mailing' in the header toolbar.
- Give your Bulk Mailing a name:
- Each batch that is created from the bulk mailing will be given the same name as the bulk mailing (e.g. Economy Batch 1, Economy Batch 2, Economy Batch 3)
- Select which Form Letter should be sent to Audience members
- If this Bulk Mailing will contain emails as well, select the email template from your system that should be used. If only letters are being sent, there is no need to change the template.
- Choose the format to use for this bulk mailing:
- Send Letters will apply only the LETTER version of the Form Letter to Audience members.
- Send Emails will apply only the EMAIL version of the Form Letter.
- Prefer Letters will send the Letter version if the audience member has a physical address on record, otherwise the Email version will be sent.
- Prefer Email will send the Email version if the audience member has an email address on record, otherwise the Letter version will be sent.
- Select the Audience who should receive this mailing
- Provide a Limit if necessary (useful for 499 mailings) on the number of people from the full audience who should receive this mailing (ex: 499 if doing a 499).
- Set a Batch Size. The Batch Size determines how many pieces of mail should be included in each batch created from the bulk mailing tool. If you will be printing the letters, be sure that the batch size won't overwhelm your printer! The maximum recommended batch size for email-only batches is 1,000.
- Select the Staffer who should be assigned all of the Batches.
- Tag this mailing with any relevant Issues or Legislation (optional)
- Click the Save button to start processing the items. This will not print/send any form letters.
You'll see that your Bulk Mailing is marked as "processing" on the Bulk Mailings page. This means that the system is matching up audience members with the appropriate form letter. After the mailing finishes processing, the Name will become a link that you can click on. The bulk mailing will continue processing even if you leave the page.
- Batch Warnings show people who have been excluded from the Bulk Mailing. One reason for exclusion is if someone has already received the Form Letter that is assigned to them. These people will not be able to receive the letter as part of the mailing.
- Batch Errors are a list of people that have correctable problems, such as missing household information or addresses. You can click on a person's name to correct their profile information and then click the Re-Submit button so that all of the errors will be processed again with the correct information.
- Assigned/Batched letters show the various batches that were created to hold your mailings. You can click on each batch to begin printing/sending, or you can click on the Batches tab in the Mail Room.
- The Delete assigned letters button can be used if the Bulk Mailing will not be sent out. This will un-assign the form letter to everyone who was included in the Bulk Mailing. If you have created a bulk mailing but the mailing audience somehow changes (e.g. members are added or removed), you should use this button to delete the assigned letters in the previous mailing and then make a new bulk mailing so all audience members will be included. You should not simply close erroneous letters from within their batches. You need to delete the assigned letters from within the bulk item.