Identification & Phone Number of the Party Calling:
- All pre-recorded messages—whether for Fireside Live events, Robocalls, Automated Surveys, Predictive Dialer Campaigns, etc.—MUST include the following:
- Clear identification of the NAME of the party calling at the BEGINNING of the message; AND
- A working PHONE NUMBER, which someone can call and reach a live person during normal business hours to add themselves to a do not call list—this must be included somewhere in the message (the end of the message is fine).
- These requirements apply to ALL types of parties leaving pre-recorded messages, including but not limited to: elected officials, political campaigns, non-profits, corporations, government agencies, membership organizations, schools, etc. There are NO exceptions.
- This federal regulation is separate from any state law that may require a disclaimer be included at the end of the message. Even if your state does not require a disclaimer, you are still required to comply with the TCPA.
- Fine per offense (number called): Minimum $5,000
- Please remember that by booking a Fireside Live event, you agree to comply with all Federal Laws (including the TCPA) and State Laws (including disclaimer requirements and state bans on certain or all types of pre-recorded messages) and accept sole responsibility for any violation.
Cell/Mobile/Ported Phone Number Requirements:
- The TCPA NO LONGER restricts autodialed calls made to cell/mobile/ported phone numbers. Thus your audience may include these numbers for an event, unless the constituent has opted out of future events from that number.
- Consent can be revoked at any time if the owner of the cell/mobile number asks to be added to the party’s do not call list.
- Fine per offense (number called): $16,000
- By booking a Fireside Live event, you agree to comply with this and other laws and accept sole responsibility for any violation.
For more information regarding the TCPA, please click the link provided below: