Just like there is an email template that looks like the Member's letterhead for legislative correspondence, we highly recommend that each caseworker have his/her own casework email template. Doing so can provide three main advantages:
- Having your own template allows you to use your own signature at the bottom of the email (as opposed to your boss’).
- You can set the "from email address" to your House email address so that any replies to your message go directly to your Outlook inbox.
- Instead of having your casework emails appear on a letterhead email template, your personal casework template can be simpler and have the look of a regular email straight from Outlook, a feature many offices prefer.
New email templates can be created by one of your office’s Account Owners under Settings. If you are an Account Owner, please follow the simple directions below. If you are not an Account Owner and do not know who the Account Owners in your office are, please hop into chat! We will provide you a list of your office’s Account Owners, or we can also help you set up your new email template as well.
Steps to create a new casework email template:
First, go to Gear>Settings>Email Templates>New Template.
- In Step 1, give the template a name (i.e., StafferName - Casework Template), choose a "from name" (i.e., name of the caseworker), and a "from email address" (i.e., email address of caseworker). Then hit "Save/Next."
- In Step 2, set your plain text for the email. This email version is for those who have their email inboxes configured to "turn off" HTML. You can make your template look like the example below (with personalized signature block, of course). Note that the [EMAIL-TEMPLATE-BODY] tag is required. This tag will automatically pull the text from the form letter into your email! Once done, click "Save/Next."
- In Step 3, create the HTML version of the email template. As you can see below, this can look identical to the plain text version you just created, but this is for people who have their inboxes configured to read HTML. Once done, click "Finish."
Now that you have created an email template, you can choose to use it as your email template when sending out any casework emails!