To begin, insert your image as you normally would - Instructions on Inserting Images.
When an image is added to a newsletter, it is automatically placed into a table. This is the small dotted line that surrounds an image.
In order to center the image, you actually have to center the table that contains the image.
1. Right-click on the table border (the dotted line surrounding the image).
2. A menu of options will appear. Select "Table Properties."
3. Selecting "Table Properties" opens the Table Wizard. On the Table Properties tab, change the alignment to "center."
4. Click "OK." The image should now be centered within the text!
Actions that will not work:
- Clicking on the image and hitting the "center text" icon in the toolbar.
- This will center the image within the table, instead of centering the whole table.
- Dragging the table borders to the width of the newsletter and then centering the image.
- This will mess up the spacing and sizing in the newsletter and not center the image.
- Repeatedly hitting the spacebar to center the image.
- This will mess up the spacing and will not center your image on different screen sizes like mobile devices or maximized browsers.