When you have a photo that has a really long caption, it will often cause the caption to stretch out beyond the width of the photo.
To fix this problem, you will need to make the table containing the image the same size as the image.
First, figure out the width in pixels of the image:
- Check the width of the image by right-clicking on the image and selecting "Properties."
- The width is in the top lefthand corner in px or pixels.
- Take note of the image width and then click "OK" to close the Properties menu.
Next, change the width of the table containing the picture and the caption to match:
- Right-click on the dotted line surrounding the table and the caption
- A menu will appear - select "Table Properties."
- On the Table Properties tab, change the width to be the same width as the image.
- Then click "OK."
Now the caption text should align directly below the image and not exceed the width of it!