Fireside21’s web-based software can be accessed anywhere, including on iPads, iPhones, and Android devices. You don’t need to download any software or install a special Fireside app that takes up space on your mobile device! In the office, on your personal laptop, at a district event with a mobile device - as long as you can connect to the Internet, Fireside is always at your fingertips.
Get Mobile Access in just two easy steps:
- Connect your device to the House Network.
- Open a browser of your choice and navigate to your Fireside account!
Connect your device to the House Network:
Since Fireside21 is secured behind the House Network, the first step for accessing our software on a mobile device is to connect to your VPN. The CAO can help you with this, or you can follow this tutorial to setup your device on the House VPN.
Navigate to and login to your Fireside software:
Once you’re connected to the House VPN, open your web browser of choice (Chrome, Safari, IE, Firefox) and log into your Fireside account, as you would do on any other device.
You will be able to search for people, log mail, send form letters and newsletters, send casework emails, review reports, and more!
A few important caveats:
- Depending on the screen size of your device, certain reports may not display all of the text because the width of the screen is narrower than the report requires. You can help improve this by putting your device in landscape mode to make the window as wide as possible.
- Additionally, due to limitations built into iOS by Apple, it is not possible to edit the paper letter version of form letters by downloading. You are able upload new form letters to Fireside, however, as well as edit the email versions of form letters.
- On Android devices, editing form letters works as long as you have a compatible app like Google Drive or Microsoft Word to edit the form letter Word document.