When putting together a newsletter, you may want to add a border around an image. In order for it to render properly in all types of email (Outlook, Gmail, Yahoo, etc.), you will need to will need to add a border to the table containing the image.
Please note: You cannot assign a border directly to the image, because Outlook does not recognize image borders.
Since tables can also have text, this works for adding a border around a table with text as well.
1. Insert your image as you normally would - Instructions on Inserting Images
2. Right-click on the dotted line surrounding the image - that is the table that contains the image.
3. Select the "Table Properties" from the menu that pops up.
4. Selecting "Table Properties" opens the Table Wizard. On the Table Properties tab, click on the "Style Builder" button.
5. On the Style Builder, click onto the Border tab.
6. If you want a a solid line border around the image, click the "Same for all" boxes under "Border Style," "Border Width," and "Border Color." If you want only some of those options, just change them individually in each row.
Border Style: How the line appears (solid, dotted, etc.).
Border Width: Set to "1" px or higher to determine the thickness of the border.
Border Color: Choose the color of the border. You can pick from the options provided or insert the hex value for the color of your choice (ex:#000000 is the hex value for black).
7. Click "OK" in the Style Builder and the Table Wizard to make all of your selected changes - and you're done!